Great Britain 1732 crown
This specimen was lot 24267 in Heritage sale 3030 (New York, January 2014), where it sold for $6,462.50. The catalog description noted, "George II Crown 1732, Young Laureate Head, Roses & Plumes, Sexto edge, MS63 NGC, sharply detailed in both the portrait and royal shield, highly lustrous, and importantly struck on a well-formed flan (this type often encountered with oddly shaped flans), the surfaces exceptionally pleasing even if showing a number of tiny obverse abrasions, and richly toned in varying shades of golden gray. All in all, a delightful crown. From The Formosa Collection." This type is listed for 1732-36.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 30.10 g, .925 fine silver, .895 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: S-3686, ESC-117, KM 575.1, Dav-1347.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns, 1700-1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1964.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3030, featuring the RLM Collection, the Isaac Rudman Collection, the Hans Cook Collection and the Collection of Donald E. Bently, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.