Great Britain 1731 1/2 crown
This specimen was lot 24212 in Heritage sale 3024 (Chicago, April 2013), where it sold for $705. The catalog description noted, "George II Halfcrown 1731, Roses & Plumes reverse, Quinto edge, uncertified, Choice About XF, unusually attractive for the grade level, sharply detailed and possessing colorful golden bluish green-gray patina, with some remaining luster, a charming coin." Half crowns are considerably more abundant and less hotly pursued than the crowns. This type is listed for 1731-36.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 15.05 g, .925 fine silver.
Catalog reference: S-3692, KM 574.1.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3024, featuring the Kairos and Elizabeth McPhall Charters Collections, Dallas: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.