Great Britain 1709 shilling
This specimen was lot 27634 in Heritage sale 3022 (New York, January 2013), where it sold for $223.25. The catalog description noted, "Anne shilling 1709, 3rd Bust, uncertified, Choice VF, sharply detailed with an excellent portrait, light granularity on reverse, dark gray patina. Scarce date. From The John Henderson Collection." Queen Anne shillings were struck 1702-14 in numerous varieties (KM 509, KM 517, KM 523, KM 533) of which this is the most common.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: S-3610, KM 523.1.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3021, featuring the Cecil Webster, Richard P. Ariagno and Elizabeth McPhall Charters Collection, Dallas: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2012.