Great Britain 1707 guinea Fr-320a
This specimen was lot 24134 in Heritage sale 3030 (New York, January 2014), where it sold for $9,987.50. The catalog description noted, "Anne gold Guinea 1707, 1st Bust, Post Union reverse, AU58 NGC, even wear, sharply struck and well centered with high rims, residual satiny luster, and golden red toning. This date is seldom found in any condition close to what is seen in this lot. A visually pleasing guinea!" This type was struck in various varieties 1702-14. This is one of the scarcer varieties but none are common.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 8.35 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: KM 528.1, S-3570, Fr-320a.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3030, featuring the RLM Collection, the Isaac Rudman Collection, the Hans Cook Collection and the Collection of Donald E. Bently, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.