Great Britain 1700 half crown
This specimen was lot 2231 in Goldberg sale 110 (Los Angeles, June 2019), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Halfcrown, 1700. William III. Obverse: First draped bust of king right by Norbert Roettier. Reverse: Crowned cruciform shields GVLIELMVS III DEI GRA/ MAG BR FRA ET HIB REX. Edge reads .DVODECIMO in raised letters. As struck with a green-grey iridescent tone. Nicely detailed and well struck. Scarcer than the regular 1698 issue. NGC graded MS-62." This type was struck for William III 1698-1701. The TERTIO edge obtains a slight premium over the DVODECIMO edge.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 15.05 g, .925 silver, .447 troy oz ASW, lettered edge.
Catalog reference: S.3494; ESC-561, KM 492.2.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 110: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2019.