Great Britain 1700 crown
This specimen was lot 4081 in Goldberg sale 80 (Los Angeles, June 2014), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Crown, 1700. William III. DVODECIMO on edge in raised letters. A lovely well struck coin with a light golden-blue tone and good crisp detail. Nicely centered and free from the weaknesses and die defects encountered on these large majestic coins. NGC graded MS-62." The crowns of William III for 1695-1700 vary only slightly.
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce.
Catalog reference: S.3474; ESC-97; KM 494.3, Dav-3782B.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns, 1600-1700, Galesburg, IL, 1974.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Aleeza Brown, Yifu Che, Frank Draskovic and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 80: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2014.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.