Great Britain 1694 3 pence
This type was struck 1691-94 in sufficient quantities that worn specimens are common. This specimen was lot 4322 in Goldberg sale 75 (Los Angeles, September 2013), where it sold for $546. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Threepence, 1694. William and Mary. Uncirculated gem with golden tone. Nicely struck, and with lots of eye appeal. NGC graded MS-64." William III ruled alone after his wife's death in 1694.
Recorded mintage: unknown but the most common date.
Catalog reference: S.3439; ESC-1997. KM 470.2.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Jason Villareal and Steven Harvey, Goldberg Sale 75: the pre-Long Beach Sale, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins & Collectibles, 2013.