Great Britain 1691 crown
This specimen was lot 40579 in Ponterio sale 168 (Philadelphia, August 2012), where it sold for $2,115. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Crown, 1691. NGC XF-45. William & Mary (1688-94). 'TERTIO'. Toned." This type is listed for 1691-92 only and is scarcer than both the preceding (KM 463) and succeeding types.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: Dav-3780; KM-478; S-3433.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns, 1600-1700, Galesburg, IL, 1974.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Ponterio sale 168: The Official ANA Auction, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2012.