Great Britain 1683 6 pence
This specimen was lot 4009 in Goldberg sale 90 (Los Angeles, January 2016), where it sold for $293.75. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Sixpence, 1683. Charles II. Toned. NGC graded VF-30." This type was struck 1674-84 in some numbers and is pretty reasonable in circulated condition but choice examples, as always, are expensive.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: ESC-1523, KM 441, S-3382.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 90: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.