Great Britain 1676 4 pence
This type was struck 1670-84 in sufficient quantities that worn specimens are common. Overdates abound, including 1676/66 and 1676/5. This specimen was lot 4319 in Goldberg sale 75 (Los Angeles, September 2013), where it sold for $161. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. 4 Pence, 1676. Overdate 7/6. Charles II. Light tan toning with a trace of luster. NGC graded AU-55."
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce in nice condition.
Catalog reference: ESC-1847A. KM 434.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Jason Villareal and Steven Harvey, Goldberg Sale 75: the pre-Long Beach Sale, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins & Collectibles, 2013.