Great Britain 1671 half crown
This specimen was lot 2704 in Goldberg sale 91 (Los Angeles, June 2016), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Halfcrown, 1671 NGC AU55. Charles II. Obverse, draped laureate bust right. CAROLVS II DEI GRATIA. Reverse, crowned cruciform shields with interlinked Cs in angles, garter star in center. VICESIMO TERTIO in raised letters on edge. Practically mint state with a generous amount of original bright mint luster. Very rare thus. NGC graded AU-55." This subtype was issued 1671-72. The milled half crowns of Charles II run 1663-84.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: S.3366; ESC-468, KM 428.5.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 91: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.