Great Britain 1671 crown Dav-3775B
This specimen was lot 3804 in Goldberg sale 85 (Los Angeles, June 2015), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Crown, 1671. Charles II. Second bust right. Nice surfaces with a trace of luster and attractively toned. NGC graded EF-45. Ex: A-Tokyo collection." This type is listed for 1667-71 and is not rare but the price ascends rapidly with grade.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 30.10 g, .925 fine silver, .895 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: Dav-3775B, S.3357; ESC-42; KM 422.3.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns, 1600-1700, Galesburg, IL, 1974.
- Rayner, P. Alan, and Maurice Bull, English Silver Coinage from 1649, 6th Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2015.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Aleeza Brown, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 85: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2015.