Great Britain (1638-39) 1/2 crown
This specimen was lot 33002 in Heritage sale 3064 (Chicago, April 2018), where it sold for $240. The catalog description noted, "Charles I 1/2 Crown ND (1636-43) VF35 NGC, Tower mint. A piece with dark collection toning and a better than average reverse strike." The SCWC lists over forty different undated half crowns for Charles I, a side effect of the Civil War.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: silver, .917 fine.
Catalog reference: S-2775.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach and Warren Tucker, Heritage World Coin Auction 3064, featuring the Doug Robins Collection of Canadian Tokens, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2018.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Great Britain (1632-34) 1/2 crown
- Great Britain (1638-42) 3 pence Aberystwyth mint
- Great Britain (1638-42) 4 pence KM-90 Aberystwyth mint
- Great Britain (1638-39) 6 pence Briot's milled coinage
- Great Britain (1638-39) shilling
- (1639-40) half crown
- Coins and currency dated 1638
- return to coins of Great Britain