Germany 1929-F 5 mark Dav-969
"DEUTSCHLAND Weimarer Republik 5 Reichsmark 1929, Stuttgart. 200. Geburtstag von G. E. Lessing. Polierte Platte. Fast FDC/FDC. (Germany, Weimar Republic, five reichsmark of 1929, Stuttgart mint, bicentennial of the birth of Lessing. Proof.)"This type, issued 1929, was struck in some numbers in Berlin ("A"), Munich ("D"), Muldenhutten ("E"), Stuttgart ("F", shown here), Karlsrule ("G") and Hamburg ("J"). It is among the more available of the Weimar commemoratives. We have included it in our category of thalers based on its size, even tho it is only .500 fine.
Recorded mintage: 16,000 plus a few proofs.
Specification: 25 g, .500 fine silver, 37 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: J. 336. KM 61, Dav-969.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns and Talers, Since 1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1964.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, Banknotes & Books: Auction 9, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2012.
- 1929-A 3 mark, union of Waldeck and Prussia
- 1927-A 5 mark, Bremerhaven centennial
- 1927-F 5 mark, Tubingen University
- 1927-F 5 mark, oak tree
- 1929-E 3 mark, Meissen millennium
- 1929-J 3 mark, Lessing bicentennial
- 1929-A 5 mark, Hindenburg
- 1929-E 5 mark, oak tree
- 1929-E 5 mark, Meissen millennium
- 1930-E 5 mark, liberation of the Rhineland
- 1930-A 5 mark, Zeppelin
- Coins and currency dated 1929
- return to coins of Germany, Weimar Republic (1918-1933)