Germany 1927-A 5 mark Dav-967
"DEUTSCHLAND Weimarer Republik 5 Reichsmark 1927, Berlin. 100 Jahre Bremerhaven. Polierte Platte. (Germany, Weimar Republic, five reichsmark of 1927, Berlin mint, centennial of Bremerhaven. Proof.)"This type, issued 1927 only, was struck at Berlin ("A"). It is one of the scarcer five mark of the Weimar period. We have included it in our category of thalers based on its size, even tho it is only .500 fine.
Recorded mintage: 50,000 plus a few proofs.
Specification: 25 g, .500 fine silver, 37 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: J. 326. KM 51, Dav-967.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns and Talers, Since 1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1964.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, Banknotes & Books: Auction 9, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2012.
- 1925-A 5 mark, oak tree
- 1927-A reichsmark
- 1927-A 3 mark, Bremerhaven centennial
- 1927-A 3 mark, Nordhausen millennium
- 1927-A 3 mark, Marburg University
- 1927-F 3 mark, Tubingen university
- 1927-F 5 mark, oak tree
- 1927-F 5 mark, Tubingen University
- 1930-E 5 mark, liberation of the Rhineland
- 1930-A 5 mark, Zeppelin
- Coins and currency dated 1927
- return to coins of Germany, Weimar Republic (1918-1933)