Germany 1877-E 50 pfennig
"50 Pfennig 1877, E. Prachtexemplar. Fast Stempelglanz. (empire of Germany, fifty pfennig of 1877, choice uncirculated.)"This coin is a silver fifty pfennig from a type issued 1877-78 from the Muldenhutten (mintmark "E") mint. Under the German Empire of 1871-1918, the denominations of two mark and up were permitted for the formerly independent principalities while the lower denominations (one pfennig thru one mark) were minted to a unified design. This is a slightly better type. No fifty pfennig were minted between 1878 and 1895.
Recorded mintage: 2,296,000 (wreath reverse) plus 1,121,000 (plain reverse).
Specification: 2.77 g, .900 fine silver.
Catalog reference: J. 8, KM 8 (shown here) and KM 6 (plain reverse).
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Künker Münzauktionen und Goldhandel, Catalog 264, Gold coins | Russian Coins and Medals | German Coins after 1871, Osnabrück: Fritz Rudolf Künker GmbH & Co., AG, 2015.
- 1876-A 50 pfennig
- 1877-B 2 pfennig
- 1877-B 50 pfennig
- 1877-C 50 pfennig
- 1877-F 50 pfennig
- Germany 1877-F 20 pfennig
- 1877-A mark
- Baden 1877-G 5 mark gold
- Bavaria 1877-D 5 mark gold
- Hamburg 1877-J 5 mark gold
- Prussia 1877-C 5 mark gold
- Saxony 1877-E 5 mark gold
- Wurttemberg 1877-F 5 mark gold
- Coins and currency dated 1877
- return to coins of Germany, Empire (1871-1918)