Fukien No Date (1901-1905) 10 cash Y-100.1
Fukien (Fujian) Province lies on the south east coast of China. The Foochow Mint operated through the Manchu dynasty, and an additional mint was built for struck coinage in 1896. Several other mints have been in operation since that time.
The specimen shown was lot 21196 in Stack's Bowers April 2012 Hong Kong Auction (Sale #165), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Fukien. 10 Cash, ND (1901-05). NGC AU-58 BN. 福建官局造光緒元寶十文。From the Collection of a Prominent Southern California Collector."
Recorded mintage: 417,031,000.
Catalog reference: Y-100.1; CCC-23; Duan-171; Hsu-264.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Kann, Eduard. Illustrated Catalog of Chinese Coins, Vol. 1 of 3. Bronx, NY: Ishi Press International, 2006.
- Lin Gwo Ming, Illustrated Catalogue of Chinese Gold & Silver Coins: Ching and Republican Issues, Seventh Edition, Hong Kong: Ma Tak Wo Numismatic Co., Ltd., 2012.
- Ponterio, Richard,’’The April 2012 Hong Kong Auction, Sale #165’’ Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2012.
- 1908 CD 1 cash Y-95
- 1906 CD 2 cash Y-8f
- (1901-1903) 5 cash Y-99
- (1901-05) 10 cash Y-97
- (1901-05) 10 cash Y-97.1
- (1901-1905) 10 cash Y-100
- (1901-05) 10 cash Y-100.2
- (1901-05) 10 cash Y-100.3
- (1901-1905) 20 cash Y-101
- 1906 CD 10 cash Y-10f
- Coins and currency dated 1901
- return to China, Fukien Province