France 1854-W 10 centimes
"FRANCE, Napoléon III (1852-1870), Cu 10 centimes, 1854 W, Lille. Superbe à Fleur de Coin. (France, Napoleon III (1852-70), copper ten centimes of 1854, Lille mint, extremely fine to uncirculated.)"The regime of Napoleon III finally carried out plans developed during the 1840's to melt down and remint all the old copper circulating in France, some of it dating back to before the Revolution of 1789. Several branch mints were reopened for this purpose. The existing mints were Paris ("A"), Strasbourg ("BB") and Bordeaux ("K"); the reopened mints were Lille ("W"), Marseilles ("MA"), Rouen ("B") and Lyon ("D"). This date is common.
Specification: 10 g, bronze, 30 mm diameter, plain edge, designed by Jean-Jacques Barré (1793-1855).
Recorded mintage: 8,193,570.
Catalog reference: Gad-248, F.133/17, KM 771.7.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Prieur, Michel, and Laurent Schmitt, Le Franc 10: Les Monnaies. Paris: Éditions les Chevau-légers, 2014.
- Elsen, Philippe, et al., Vente Publique 124, Brussels: Jean Elsen et ses Fils S.A., 2015.
- 1853-A 10 centimes
- 1854-A centime
- 1854-MA 2 centimes
- 1854-A 5 centimes
- 1854-A 10 centimes
- 1854-A 10 centimes, mint visit
- 1854-A 50 centimes
- 1854-A franc
- 1854-A 2 francs
- 1854-A silver 5 francs
- 1854-A 5 francs d'or
- 1855-A 10 centimes
- Coins and currency dated 1854
- return to Decimal coinage of France (1795-2001)