Fiji 1993 100 dollars
"Fiji, Republik, seit 1970 100 Dollars 1993. Auf die Entdeckung durch James Cook. Polierte Platte. FDC. (republic of Fiji, since 1970, one hundred dollars of 1993, on the islands' discovery by James Cook. Choice Proof.)"Sterling coinage was issued for the islands starting in 1934. Decimal conversion occurred in 1967-69, the same time as Britain. Fiji left the British Commonwealth in 1987 but rejoined in 1997. Explorer James Cook is featured on a number of South Pacific commemoratives.
Recorded mintage: 3,000 proofs.
Specification: 7.50 g, .917 fine gold, this specimen 7.50 g.
Catalog reference: KM 65. Fr-10.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Richter, Jürg, Sincona sale 43, Gold and Silver Coins and Medals, Zurich: Sincona AG, 2017.
- Samoa 1979 100 tala Captain Cook
- 1991 200 dollars
- Nauru 1993 10 dollars, 25th anniversary of independence
- Coins and currency dated 1993
- return to coins of Fiji Islands