Falkland Islands 1987 50 pence
This specimen was part of lot 34514 in Heritage sale 3049 (Long Beach, September 2016), which sold for $1,116.25. The catalog description noted, "World Wildlife Fund silver 25 Coin Set 1986-1988, 25th anniversary Coin Collection comprising 25 different coins depicting animals from 25 different countries. All coins Choice Cameo Proof. Set comes with COA for each coin and is housed in its original box. Total ASW 18.9491 oz." This NCLT was issued by the Falkland Islands to honor the 25th anniversary of the World Wildlife Fund by featuring the king penguin.
Recorded mintage: 25,000 silver proofs plus circulation strikes.
Specification: 28.28 g, .925 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM 25 (copper-nickel), KM 25a (silver, shown here).
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World Coin Auction 3049, featuring the Ohio Valley Collection, the Redwood Collection and the F.P. Briand Collection, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2016.
- Falkland Islands 1985 25 pounds "Self Sufficiency"
- Cayman Islands 1987 5 dollars KM-95 parrot
- Indonesia 1987 10000 rupiah babirusa
- Jersey 1987 2 pounds pigeons
- Mexico 1987 100 pesos Monarch butterfly
- Mongolia 1987 25 tugrik snow leopard
- Philippines 1987 200 piso Mindoro buffalo
- Sierra Leone 1987 10 leones pygmy hippopotamus
- Thailand BE2530 200 baht Siamese fireback pheasant
- Madagascar 1988 20 ariary lemur
- Falkland Islands 1990 100 pounds Queen Mother
- Coins and currency dated 1987
- return to coinage of the Falkland Islands