Dime Types (1796-Date)
Designs of early dimes closely follow those of half dimes, except that the first dimes were not minted until the Draped Bust obverse, Small Eagle reverse style of 1796 and 1797 (there are no Flowing Hair dimes, equivalent to 1794-95 half dimes).
In 1798, the Draped Bust obverse was combined with the Heraldic Eagle reverse, a style continued through 1807.
Among early dimes are several interesting varieties. 1797 pieces are found with...read more
- Draped Bust Dime (1796-1807)
- Capped Bust Dime (1809-1837)
- Liberty Seated Dime (1837-1891)
- Liberty Seated Dime, No Stars (1837-1838)
- Liberty Seated Dime, Stars Obverse, No Drapery (1838-1840)
- Liberty Seated Dime, Stars Obverse, With Drapery (1840-1860)
- Liberty Seated Dime Stars Obverse, Arrows at Date (1853-1855)
- Liberty Seated Dime, Legend Obverse (1860-1891)
- Liberty Seated Dime, Legend Obverse, Arrows at Date (1873-1874)
- Barber Dime (1892-1916)
- Mercury Dime (1916-1945)
- Roosevelt Dime (1946-Date)