Colombia 1973 10 centavos
This ten centavos was struck in Bogotá, Colombia, of a type issued 1967-80. This type, featuring the bust of Santander, replaced a copper-nickel ten centavos with the head of Indian chief Calarcá which was issued 1952-66. This subtype, issued 1972-80, has a continuous obverse legend. The denomination was suspended after this type, inflation having rendered it worthless.
Recorded mintage: 46,549,000.
Specification: 2.52 g, nickel plated steel, 18.3 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 253.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Almanzar, Alcedo, and Dale Seppa, Coins of Colombia, San Antonio, TX: 1973.
- 1970 10 centavos
- 1973 centavo
- 1973 5 centavos
- 1973 20 centavos
- 1973 1000 pesos, centennial of the birth of Guillermo Valencia
- 1973 1500 pesos, centennial of the birth of Guillermo Valencia
- 1973 1500 pesos, gold museum
- 1973 2000 pesos, centennial of the birth of Guillermo Valencia
- Coins and currency dated 1973
- return to Colombia