Colombia 1971-B 300 pesos
This specimen was lot 44535 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Philadelphia, August 2018), where it sold for $504. The catalog description noted, "COLOMBIA. 300 Pesos, 1971-B. PROOF-67 DEEP CAMEO (PCGS). Fr-129; KM-250. 6th Pan-American Games. Hard mirrored fields and frosted devices. From the Eldorado Collection of Colombian Coins." Nickel five pesos (KM 247), gold 100 pesos (KM 248), 200 pesos (KM 249), 1500 pesos (KM 252) and 500 pesos (KM 251) were also issued for this occasion. Bochica was the founder god of the Muisca tribe, the indigenous inhabitants of Colombia.
Recorded mintage: unknown but all proofs.
Specification: 12.9 g, .900 fine gold, 0.370 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 250.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Restrepo, Jorge Emilio, Monedas de Colombia, 1619-2006, Medellin, Colombia: Impresiones Rojo, 2006.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2018 Philadelphia ANA Auction: World Coins and Selections from the El Dorado Collection of Colombian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- Colombia 1970 centavo
- Colombia 1970 20 centavos
- Colombia 1970 50 centavos
- 1971 5 pesos, 6th Pan American Games
- 1971 100 pesos, 6th Pan American Games, native javelin
- 1971 200 pesos, 6th Pan American Games, native runner
- 1971 500 pesos, 6th Pan American Games
- 1971 1500 pesos, 6th Pan American Games
- 1973 1500 pesos
- return to coins of Colombia
- Coins and currency dated 1971