Colombia 1969-B 500 pesos
This specimen was lot 44519 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Philadelphia, August 2018), where it sold for $1,800. The catalog description noted, "COLOMBIA. 500 Pesos, 1969-B. PROOF-68 DEEP CAMEO (PCGS). General Juan Jose Rondon on reverse. Hard mirrored fields and frosted devices. From the Eldorado Collection of Colombian Coins." This NCLT commemorated the 150th anniversary of the battle of Boyacá in 1819, which secured the independence of Nueva Granada. It was issued along with a 1500 pesos (KM 242), 300 pesos (KM 240), 200 pesos (KM 239) and 100 pesos (KM 238), all in gold. Each denomination had a different reverse.
Recorded mintage: unknown but all proofs.
Specification: 21.5 g, .900 fine gold, .618 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-123; KM-241.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Almanzar, Alcedo, and Dale Seppa, Coins of Colombia, San Antonio, TX: 1973.
- Restrepo, Jorge Emilio, Monedas de Colombia, 1619-2006, Medellin, Colombia: Impresiones Rojo, 2006.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2018 Philadelphia ANA Auction: World Coins and Selections from the El Dorado Collection of Colombian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 1968 500 pesos, International Eucharistic Congress
- 1968-NI 500 pesos, International Eucharistic Congress
- 1969 centavo
- 1969-B 100 pesos, Bolivar and Joaquin Paris Ricaurte
- 1969-B 200 pesos, Bolivar and Carlos Soublette
- 1969-B 300 pesos, Bolivar and Jose Antonio Anzuategui
- 1971 500 pesos, 6th Pan American Games
- Coins and currency dated 1969
- return to coins of Colombia