China 1997 25 yuan KM-1098
This specimen was lot 22427 in Heritage sale 3010 (Boston, August 2010), where it sold for $460. The catalog description noted, "People's Republic gold 25 Yuan 1997, Proof, Forbidden City." The Chinese government has, since the mid 1980's, produced a mind boggling array of bullion related collectibles. A complete set is thousands of types yet buyers clamor for more. This one features the Forbidden City, the old imperial capital.
Recorded mintage: 4,000 proofs.
Specification: 7.77 g, .999 fine gold, .249 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 1098.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Tucker, Warren, Scott Cordry and John Kraljevich, Heritage Sale 3010: World Coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2010.
- 1993 25 yuan Chinese Gods
- China 1995 100 yuan KM-803 gold unicorn
- 1997 5 yuan, child with carp
- 1997 10 yuan, 1/10 oz platinum panda
- 1997 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- China 1997 50 yuan KM-1089 Romance of the Three Kingdoms
- 1997 100 yuan, 1 oz gold panda
- China 1998 25 yuan KM-1128 ¼ gold panda
- Coins and currency dated 1997
- return to coins of China