China 1996 10 yuan KM-884
This specimen was lot 3407 in Goldberg sale 90 (Los Angeles, January 2016), where it sold for $223.25. The catalog description noted, "China. 10 Yuan, 1996. Panda in tree. In original sealed plastic. Gem Brilliant Uncirculated." The Chinese government has, since the mid 1980's, produced a mind boggling array of bullion related collectibles. A complete set is thousands of types yet buyers clamor for more. This issue is accompanied by a gold 1/20 ounce gold panda (KM 883).
Recorded mintage: 57,203.
Specification: 3.11 g, .999 fine gold, .100 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM-884 (formerly KM Y575).
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Anthony, Peter, Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyers Guide, 3rd Ed., Los Angeles, 2017.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 90: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2016.
- 1995 10 yuan, 1 oz silver panda
- 1995 100 yuan, unicorn
- 1996 5 yuan, 1/20 oz gold panda
- 1996 5 yuan, gold unicorn
- 1996 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- 1996 100 yuan, 1 oz gold panda
- China 1996-P 100 yuan KM-948 platinum unicorn
- 1997 25 yuan Forbidden City
- Coins and currency dated 1996
- return to coins of China