China 1992 100 yuan KM-395
This specimen was lot 6211 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2017), where it sold for $1,292.50. The catalog description noted, "CHINA. 100 Yuan, 1992. Panda Series. NGC MS-64. Large date. Some breaks in frosted devices and field, very lustrous otherwise." The Chinese government has, since the mid 1980's, produced a mind boggling array of bullion related collectibles. A complete set is thousands of types yet buyers clamor for more. The gold panda is given a new design each year.
Recorded mintage: 41,120 plus proofs.
Specification: 31.13 g, .999 fine gold, .993 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-B4; KM-395 (formerly KM Y345); PAN-168a.
- Anthony, Peter, Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyers Guide, 3rd Ed., Los Angeles, 2017.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Ponterio, Richard, The January 2017 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, featuring the Richard Stuart Collection, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2016.
- China 1991 100 yuan KM-350 1 oz gold panda
- 1991 100 yuan, Olympic figure skating
- China 1992 5 yuan KM-457 Bronze Age sheep
- China 1992 5 yuan KM-458 Bronze Age panther
- China 1992 5 yuan KM-459 Bronze Age deer
- China 1992 5 yuan KM-460 Bronze Age lantern
- 1993 50 yuan, gold panda
- Coins and currency dated 1992
- return to coins of China