China 1991-P 10 yuan KM-386.2
This specimen was lot 2600 in Goldberg sale 91 (Los Angeles, June 2016), where it sold for $199.75. The catalog description noted, "China. 10 Yuan, 1991-P NGC PF69 UC. Panda series. NGC graded Proof 69 Ultra Cameo." The silver panda was introduced in 1983 and after several years of low sales, started to become popular in the early nineties, especially after the weight was increased to one troy ounce. It is now a strong competitor to the Mexican libertad, the U.S. silver eagle and the Canadian maple leaf, and hundreds of varieties exist. In 1991, 100,000 were made with an additional 20,000 with a "P" stamped behind the panda's head.
Recorded mintage: 100,000 plus 20,000 with "P".
Specification: 31.1 g, .999 fine silver, 1.00 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM-386.2.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Anthony, Peter, Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyers Guide, 3rd Ed., Los Angeles, 2017.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 91: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2016.
- China 1989 10 yuan KM-254 sika deer
- 1989 10 yuan, 1 oz silver panda
- 1991 10 yuan, Year of the Goat
- 1991 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda, bimetallic
- 1991 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- 1991 50 yuan, ½ oz gold panda
- 1991 100 yuan, Olympic figure skating
- 1991 100 yuan, 1 oz gold panda
- 1991 150 yuan, Year of the Goat
- Coins and currency dated 1991
- return to coins of China