China 1985 50 yuan KM-117
This specimen was lot 3218 in Goldberg sale 85 (Los Angeles, June 2015), where it sold for $646. The catalog description noted, "China. 50 Yuan, 1985. Temple of heaven. Reverse: Panda hanging from bamboo branch. Choice Brilliant Uncirculated." The fifty yuan was used for the half ounce gold panda starting in 1983, with a different reverse for each year. The one ounce panda (KM 118) was one hundred yuan.
Recorded mintage: 62,675.
Specification: 15.55 g, .999 fine gold, Weight 0.4995 ounce.
Catalog reference: KM-117 (formerly KM Y83).
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Anthony, Peter, Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyers Guide, 3rd Ed., Los Angeles, 2017.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Aleeza Brown, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 85: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2015.
- China 1983 50 yuan KM-71 ½ oz gold panda
- 1985 10 yuan, Year of the Ox
- 1985 10 yuan, 20th anniversary of Tibet Autonomous Region
- 1985 10 yuan, 30th anniversary of Sinkiang
- China 1985 10 yuan KM-114 silver panda
- 1985 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- China 1985 100 yuan KM-125 Confucius
- China 1985 100 yuan KM-118 gold panda
- 1987-S 50 yuan, ½ oz gold panda, Shanghai mint
- 1987-Y 50 yuan, ½ oz gold panda
- 1987 50 yuan, silver Year of the Rabbit
- China 1988 50 yuan KM-186 ½ oz gold panda
- Coins and currency dated 1985
- return to coins of China