China 1985 10 yuan KM-127
This specimen was lot 2010 in Goldberg sale 106 (Los Angeles, September 2018), where it sold for $750. The catalog description noted, "China. 10 Yuan, 1985. Potala Palace. Choice Brilliant Proof." This NCLT honors the twentieth anniversary of the Autonomous Region of Tibet, which autonomy applies only to the immigrating Han Chinese, not the native Tibetans.
Recorded mintage: 3,000.
Specification: 34.56 g, .900 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM-127 (formerly KM Y97).
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 106: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2018.
- 1984 100 yuan, Huang Di
- 1985 10 yuan, Year of the Ox
- 1985 10 yuan, 30th anniversary of Sinkiang
- China 1985 10 yuan KM-114 silver panda
- 1985 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- China 1985 50 yuan KM-117 gold half panda
- 1985 100 yuan, 1 oz gold panda
- 1985 100 yuan, Confucius
- 1986 100 yuan, Liu Bang
- Coins and currency dated 1985
- return to coins of China