China 1985 100 yuan KM-125
This specimen was lot 1668 in Goldberg sale 106 (Los Angeles, September 2018), where it sold for $552. The catalog description noted, "China. 100 Yuan, 1985. Confucius. NGC graded Proof 69 Ultra Cameo." This module was used for various NCLT's honoring Chinese historical figures thru the 1980's and 1990's. The series never achieved the popularity of the panda program.
Recorded mintage: was KM Y97; , m. 3,000.
Specification: 34.56 g, .900 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM-125.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 106: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2018.
- 1984 100 yuan, Huang Di
- 1985 10 yuan, Year of the Ox
- 1985 10 yuan, 20th anniversary of Tibet Autonomous Region
- 1985 10 yuan, 30th anniversary of Sinkiang
- China 1985 10 yuan KM-114 silver panda
- 1985 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- China 1985 50 yuan KM-117 gold half panda
- 1985 100 yuan, 1 oz gold panda
- 1986 100 yuan, Liu Bang
- Coins and currency dated 1985
- return to coins of China