China 1985 100 yuan KM-118
This specimen was lot 31933 in Heritage sale 3040 (Chicago, April 2015), where it sold for $1,762.50. The catalog description noted, "People's Republic of China. Gold Panda 100 Yuan (1 ounce) 1985 MS69 NGC. Near-flawless, with greenish-gold patina." The Chinese government has, since the mid 1980's, produced a mind boggling array of bullion related collectibles. A complete set is thousands of types yet buyers clamor for more.
Recorded mintage: 55,539.
Specification: 31.13 g, .999 fine gold, .993 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 118.
- Anthony, Peter, Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyers Guide, 3rd Ed., Los Angeles, 2017.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage Signature Auction 3040, featuring the Santa Maria, the Alan Dean and the Valley View Life Collections, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2015.
- 1984 100 yuan, 1 oz gold panda
- 1985 10 yuan, Year of the Ox
- 1985 10 yuan, 20th anniversary of Tibet Autonomous Region
- 1985 10 yuan, 30th anniversary of Sinkiang
- China 1985 10 yuan KM-114 silver panda
- 1985 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- China 1985 50 yuan KM-117 gold half panda
- China 1985 100 yuan KM-125 Confucius
- China 1986 100 yuan KM-135 1 oz gold panda
- Coins and currency dated 1985
- return to coins of China