China 1980 20 yuan
"CHINA | Volksrepublik, 20 Yuan 1980. Piéfort. Olympische Sommerspiele 1980 in Moskau. Ringen. Selten. Nur 500 Exemplare geprägt. NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo. (people's republic of China, twenty yuan of 1980, piefort. Olympic Summer Games in Moscow, wrestling. Rare. Only 500 pieces struck. Proof.)"This NCLT was part of a series issued for the 1980 Olympics in Moscow and Lake Placid, New York. It represents China's first serious venture into making and marketing commemoratives, which would explode with the introduction of the panda gold coin in 1983.
Recorded mintage: 29,000 proofs + 2,000 pieforts.
Specification: 10.35 g, .850 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM 34, KM P12 (piefort).
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 59: Gold and Silver Coins and Medals; Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.
- 1980 yuan, Lake Placid Olympic Games, biathlon
- 1980 15 yuan, Moscow Olympic Games, archery
- 1980 30 yuan, Lake Placid Olympic Games, biathlon
- 1980 30 yuan, Lake Placid Olympic Games, downhill skiing
- 1980 30 yuan, Lake Placid Olympic Games, ice skating
- 1980 30 yuan, Moscow Olympic Games, equestrian
- 1980 30 yuan, Moscow Olympic Games, soccer
- 1980 250 yuan, Lake Placid Olympic Games, downhill skiing
- 1980 300 yuan, Moscow Olympic Games, archery
- Coins and currency dated 1980