Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel 1704-HCH ducat Fr-659
"DEUTSCHLAND Braunschweig-Lüneburg, Herzogtum Wolfenbüttel. Anton Ulrich 1704-1714. Dukat 1704. Auf den Tod seiner Gemahlin Elisabeth Juliane. Gew. Sehr schön-vorzüglich. (Germany, duchy of Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel, Anton Ulrich, 1704-14, on the death of his duchess Elizabeth Juliana, a little wavy, very fine to extremely fine.)"This one year type is rare as are most of the gold issues from this locality. Half, three-quarter, two, three, six and ten ducats also exist.
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce.
Specification: 3.50 g, .986 fine gold, this specimen 3.41 g.
Catalog reference: Welter 2340. Fr-659, KM 676.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Craig, William D., Germanic Coinages: Charlemagne through Wilhelm II, Mountain View, CA: 1954.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, Banknotes & Books: Auction 9, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2012.
- Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel 1701-HCH 24 mariengroschen
- Prussia 1701-LCS ducat Fr-2296
- 1704 2 pfennig, death of the duke
- 1704 1/24 thaler, death of the duke's wife
- 1704 1/8 thaler, death of the duke
- 1704 "wild man" thaler
- Hesse-Darmstadt 1704-IAR 2 ducats
- 1707 double ducat
- Coins and currency dated 1704
- return to coins of German States, Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel