Brunswick-Luneburg-Celle 1656-LW thaler Dav-6521
"GERMAN STATES. BRUNSWICK-LUNEBURG-CALENBURG. Christian Ludwig, 1641-1648, 1665. Taler, 1656 LW. 12-fold Arms with five crests. Rv. White Horse leaping l., SINCERE ET CONSTANTER. Glorious broad planchet, flash under red-gold and pearl toning. Scarce in such high grade. MS-61 (NGC)."Brunswick was divided and subdivided in the seventeenth century but was eventually reassembled as the Kingdom of Hannover before being absorbed into Prussia in 1866. This type is listed under Brunswick-Luneburg-Celle, not -Calenberg, and is recorded for 1649-65, the entire reign of duke Christian Ludwig.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: Welter 1511, Dav-6521, KM 211.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Davenport, John S., German Secular Talers, 1600-1700, Frankfurt: Numismatischer Verlag, 1976.
- Kraljevich, John, Frank Van Valen and Christine Karstedt, Coin Galleries Mail and Internet Bid Sale, New York: Stack's, 2010.
- Brunswick-Luneburg-Celle 1650-LW thaler Dav-6521
- Corvey 1656-VFH thaler Dav-5194
- Brunswick-Luneburg-Celle 1659-LW 2 thaler Dav-LS165
- 1662-LW triple thaler
- 1663 thaler
- Brunswick-Luneburg-Celle 1664-LW 2 thaler Dav-LS189
- Coins and currency dated 1656
- return to coins of German States, Brunswick-Luneburg