Brazil 1889 10000 reis Fr-122
This specimen was lot 30478 in Heritage sale 3064 (Chicago, April 2018), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Pedro II gold 10000 Reis 1889 MS61 NGC, Rio de Janeiro mint. The final year of the imperial series, the charming mint state piece yields an impressive golden-orange tone near the peripheries. From the Ipanema Collection." This type was struck 1853-67, 1871-89.
Recorded mintage: unknown but a rare date.
Specification: 8.96 g, .917 fine gold, .264 troy oz.
Catalog reference: KM 467, Fr-122, LMB-O672.
- Pimentel, Alvaro Mendes, Catálogo de Moedas Brasileiras de 1643 a 1962, 9a Ed., Rio de Janeiro, 1962.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Amato, Claudio, Irlei S. Neves and Arnaldo Russo, Livro das Moedas do Brasil, 12a ed. Sao Paulo, 2008.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach and Warren Tucker, Heritage World Coin Auction 3064, featuring the Doug Robins Collection of Canadian Tokens, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2018.