Bahamas 1987 100 dollars
This specimen was lot 2248 in Goldberg sale 109 (Los Angeles, January 2019), where it sold for $288. The catalog description noted, "Bahamas. 100 Dollars, 1987. Mintage 849. Queen Isabella receiving Christopher Columbus. Choice Brilliant Proof." Colombus's landing in the Bahamas in 1492 is the most important event to have occurred there and Colombus figures in many Bahamian commemoratives.
Recorded mintage: 849 proofs.
Specification: 6.48 g, .900 fine gold, 0.1875 ounce AGW.
Catalog reference: KM-119.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 109: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2019.
- Bahamas 1985 2500 dollars discovery of America
- Bermuda 1987 25 dollars Sea Venture
- Bahamas 1987 2500 dollars Columbus's return to Spain
- Bermuda 1988 25 dollars wreck of the San Antonio
- Bermuda 1989 25 dollars Bermuda Monetoary Authority
- Bahamas 1990 100 dollars discovery of the New World
- Coins and currency dated 1987