Austria 1765-WI 6 ducats Fr-401
This specimen was lot 23109 in Heritage sale 3020 (Long Beach, September 2012), where it sold for $3,671.88. The catalog description noted, "Maria Theresa gold 6 Ducats 1765 Vienna, VF-XF, ex-jewelry with heavily burnished surfaces. Very rare denomination." This and an issue from 1745 are the only coins of the denomination issued in Austria during the eighteenth century. Both are rare.
Recorded mintage: unknown but rare.
Specification: 21 g, .986 fine gold, .665 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 1845, Fr-401, Eypeltauer 56a.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Tucker, Warren, and Cris Bierrenbach, Heritage Signature Auction 3020: World Coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2012.
- Salzburg 1628 6 ducats Fr-734
- Regensburg 1667 6 ducats Fr-2477
- 1765 17 kreuzer, Nagybánya mint
- Burgau 1765 thaler Dav-1147
- 1765 thaler, Hall mint, diademed bust
- 1766 thaler, Hall mint, veiled bust
- 1765 thaler, Vienna mint
- Austria 1765 ducat Fr-432 Joseph II
- Austria 1770-E HG 2 ducats Fr-191
- Coins and currency dated 1765
- return to coins of Austria