Austria 1632-Hall thaler Dav-3338
This coin was minted in Hall in 1632 for Austria. The first specimen was lot 2577 in Goldberg sale 60 (Beverly Hills, September 2010), where it sold for $776.25. The catalog description noted, "Austria. Taler, 1632 (Hall). Archduke Leopold, as Count of Tyrol, 1626-1632. Half figure holding sword right. Reverse: Crowned arms with Order chain around arms. Sharply struck with considerable original mint luster. NGC graded MS-63." The second specimen was lot 4498 in Goldberg sale 69 (Los Angeles, May, 2012), where it sold for $333.50. The catalog description  noted, "Austria. Taler, 1632 (Hall). Archduke Leopold, As Count of Tyrol, 1626-1632. Crowned half figure holding sword and orb right. Reverse: Crowned arms with Order chain around. Toned. NGC graded About Uncirculated, Details (Surface Hairlines). The Judy Cahn Collection." This type was struck 1628-32 and is among the more common issues of the period. Half and quarter thalers also exist from Hall.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: Dav-3338, KM 629.2.
- Ira and Larry Goldberg, Goldberg sale 60: the pre-Long Beach sale, Beverly Hills, 2010.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 6th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Stephen Harvey and Paul Rynearson, Goldberg sale 69: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Ancient and World Coins, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2012.
- 1626 thaler, Hall mint
- 1628 thaler, Ensisheim mint
- 1631 thaler, Vienna mint
- 1631 double thaler, Graz mint
- 1632 quarter thaler, Hall mint
- 1632 half thaler, Hall mint
- 1632 thaler, St. Veit mint
- 1632 thaler, Prague mint
- Austria (1632-62) 2 ducats Fr-242
- Austria 1632 10 ducats Fr-131a
- 1633 thaler, Graz mint
- Coins and currency dated 1632
- return to Austria