Australia 2011-P 100 dollars
This specimen was lot 72017 in Stack's Bowers Collectors Choice Online Auction (Santa Ana, CA, May 2017), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "AUSTRALIA. 100 Dollars Platinum, 2011-P. NGC MS-69. Date not listed in KM." Since 1989, Australia has entered the bullion and collectibles market in a big way, having produced commemoratives and NCLT's numbering in the hundreds of types. The SCWC lists this type for 2012-14 but does not mention a 2011.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 31.12 g., .999 fine platinum, 32.6 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-1731.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 11th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- McDonald, Greg, The Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes, 23rd ed., Lavington, Australia, 2017.
- Ponterio, Rick, et al., The May 2017 Collector's Choice Sale, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- Australia 2009 15 dollars KM-1891 Year of the Ox
- 2011 5 cents
- 2011 20 cents, platypus reverse
- 2011 50 cents
- 2011-P 50 dollars, great white shark, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- Australia 2012 8 dollars KM-1794 Year of the Dragon
- 2012 200 dollars, diamond jubilee
- Coins and currency dated 2011
- return to coins of Australia