Australia 2002 50 dollars KM-648
This specimen was lot 42264 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2019), where it sold for $288. The catalog description noted, "AUSTRALIA. 50 Dollars, 2002. PCGS PROOF-69 DEEP CAMEO Gold Shield. Gold, Silver and Copper Tri-metallic issue from a mintage of 5,000 pieces. Commemorates the Commonwealth Games. Impressively designed and essentially perfect."
Recorded mintage: 5,000 (2,497 sold).
Specification: trimetallic copper (15.32 g), gold (7.8 g) and silver (13.39 g), .25 troy oz AGW, 38.74 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-648.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 11th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- McDonald, Greg, The Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes, 23rd ed., Lavington, Australia, 2017.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, Matt Orsini and Cris Chatigny, The January 2019 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 2001 20 dollars, death of Donald Brandman
- 2001-P 100 dollars, 150th anniversary of the Gold Rush
- 2002 10 cents
- 2002 dollar, silver Kookaburra, with US Flag sticker
- 2002 10 dollars, "Year of the Horse"
- 2002 50 dollars, ½ oz Kangaroo Gold, with Liberty Bell sticker
- 2002 100 dollars, 50th Anniversary of reign
- 2002 200 dollars, 2 oz platinum koala
- Coins and currency dated 2002
- return to coins of Australia