Australia 1907-M sovereign
This specimen was lot 32453 in Heritage sale 3064 (Chicago, April 2018), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Edward VII gold Sovereign 1907-M MS64 NGC, Melbourne mint. Lustrous surfaces evince light signs of handling and full cartwheel luster. A light die crack extends from St. George's cape." This date, from a type struck 1902-10 at Perth, Melbourne (shown here) and Sydney, is common.
Recorded mintage: 3,332,000.
Specification: 7.98 g, .917 fine gold, AGW 0.2355 oz.
Catalog reference: Fr-33; KM-15.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- McDonald, Greg, The Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes, 23rd ed., Lavington, Australia, 2017.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach and Warren Tucker, Heritage World Coin Auction 3064, featuring the Doug Robins Collection of Canadian Tokens, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2018.