Australia 1906-M sovereign
This specimen was lot 2317 in Goldberg sale 98 (Los Angeles, June 2017), where it sold for $376. The catalog description noted, "Australia. Sovereign, 1906-M. Edward VII. NGC graded MS-63. WINGS." This date, from a type struck 1902-10 at Perth, Melbourne (shown here) and Sydney, is common.
Recorded mintage: 3,657,000, a common date.
Specification: 7.99 g, .917 fine gold, .2354 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-33; KM-15.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- McDonald, Greg, The Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes, 23rd ed., Lavington, Australia, 2017.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 98: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2017.