Sardinia 1842(t) P 100 lire
Revision as of 15:06, 5 April 2019 by Meontko (Created page with "Jean Elsen sale 140, lot 1051 This specimen was lot 1051 in Jean Elsen sale 140 (Brussels, March 2019), where it sold for €2,8...")
"ITALIE, SAVOIE et SARDAIGNE, Charles Albert (1831-1849), AV 100 lire, 1842P, Turin. Seulement 864 p. frappées. Très rare Petits coups. Très Beau à Superbe. (kingdom of Sardinia, Charles Albert, 1831-49, gold 100 lire of 1842, Turin mint. Very rare, minor nicks, Very Fine - Extremely Fine.)"This type was struck 1832-45 at Turin (shown here) and Genoa and superseded the gold eighty lire of the previous reign. Tho the type is not rare, it is expensive. This is the rare final date.
Recorded mintage: 864.
Specification: 32.25 grams, .900 fine gold, .933 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 133.1 (formerly KM-C117.2), Mont. 20; Gig. 12; Fr-1138.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Elsen, Philippe, et al., Vente Publique 140, Brussels: Jean Elsen et ses Fils, S.A., 2019.