Russia 1899-SP 2 kopeks
This specimen was lot 33660 in Heritage sale 3073 (Chicago, April 2019), where it sold for $361.20. The catalog description noted, "Nicholas II 2 Kopecks 1899-CПБ MS66 Brown NGC, Rosenkranz Works in St. Petersburg mint. An essentially flawless example with bluish-brown patina over fully lustrous surfaces and no mentionable flaws." This type is listed for 1867-1914. The nineteenth century dates are scarce in nice condition but the later dates are common with, of course, the exception of the proofs.
Recorded mintage: 17,500,000.
Specification: 6.6 g, copper.
Catalog reference: KM-Y10.2, Bit-301.
- Bitkin, Vladimir, Composite Catalogue of Russian Coins, Part II (1740-1917), Kiev: Moneta, 2003.
- Brekke, B. F., The Copper Coinage of Imperial Russia, 1700-1917, New York, Galerie des Monnaies, 1977, with 1987 supplement.
- Harris, Robert P., Guidebook of Russian Coins, 1725 to 1970, Santa Cruz, CA: Bonanza Press, 1971.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano and Warren Tucker, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3073, featuring the Lake County Collection of British coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.