Russia 1790-AM 5 kopeks
Revision as of 16:04, 19 September 2019 by Meontko (added link)
"RUSSIA | Russian Empire and Federation, Katharina II. 1762-1796. 5 Kopeken 1790, Anninskoye. Vorzüglich-FDC. (empire of Russia, Catherine II (the Great), 1762-96, five kopeks of 1790, Anninskoye mint. Extremely fine-uncirculated.)"Hundreds of millions were issued between the Annensk, Moscow, Sestroretsk, Kolyvan, Ekaterinburg and St. Petersburg mints. Many survive today but few in choice condition.
Recorded mintage: unknown but common.
Specification: 51.19 g, copper, this specimen 52.85 g.
Catalog reference: KM C-59.2, Bitkin 860.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Bitkin, Vladimir, Composite Catalogue of Russian Coins, Part II (1740-1917), Kiev: Moneta, 2003.
- Brekke, B. F., The Copper Coinage of Imperial Russia, 1700-1917, New York, Galerie des Monnaies, 1977, with 1987 supplement.
- Harris, Robert P., Guidebook of Russian Coins, 1725 to 1970, Santa Cruz, CA: Bonanza Press, 1971.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 57: World Coins and Medals, Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.