Russia 1790-AM 5 kopeks
Revision as of 17:54, 24 June 2019 by Meontko (Created page with "Sincona sale 57, lot 3396 This specimen was lot 3396 in Sincona sale 57 (Zurich, May 2019), where it sold for 200 CHF (about US$238...")
"RUSSIA | Russian Empire and Federation, Katharina II. 1762-1796. 5 Kopeken 1790, Anninskoye. Vorzüglich-FDC. (empire of Russia, Catherine II (the Great), 1762-96, five kopeks of 1790, Anninskoye mint. Extremely fine-uncirculated.)"Hundreds of millions were issued between the Annensk, Moscow, Sestroretsk, Kolyvan, Ekaterinburg and St. Petersburg mints. Many survive today but few in choice condition.
Recorded mintage: unknown but common.
Specification: 51.19 g, copper, this specimen 52.85 g.
Catalog reference: KM C-59.2, Bitkin 860.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Bitkin, Vladimir, Composite Catalogue of Russian Coins, Part II (1740-1917), Kiev: Moneta, 2003.
- Brekke, B. F., The Copper Coinage of Imperial Russia, 1700-1917, New York, Galerie des Monnaies, 1977, with 1987 supplement.
- Harris, Robert P., Guidebook of Russian Coins, 1725 to 1970, Santa Cruz, CA: Bonanza Press, 1971.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 57: World Coins and Medals, Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.