Naples and Sicily 1846 60 grana KM-351
Revision as of 10:56, 24 June 2019 by Meontko (Created page with "Sincona sale 57, lot 3009 This specimen was lot 3009 in Sincona sale 57 (Zurich, May 2019), where it sold for 600 CHF (about US$714...")
"ITALY | Naples / Sicily, Ferdinando II. 1830-1859. Mezza piastra (60 Grani) 1846, Napoli. NGC MS65. Prachtvolle Erhaltung. (kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Ferdinand II, 1830-59, half piastra of 1846, Naples mint. Magnificent condition.)"This type, struck 1844-42 and 1845-46, superseded a similar type with a younger bust of Fernando II issued 1835-39. A third bust was used 1846-59. The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was annexed to Italy in 1860 but remains poor, backward and corrupt.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 13.77 g, .833 fine silver.
Catalog reference: Mont. 848. Pagani 240 a, KM 351.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Fabrizi, Davide, Monete Italiane Regionale: Napoli, Pavia: Edizioni Numismatica Varesi, 2010.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 57: World Coins and Medals, Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.