Naples and Sicily 1831 6 ducati Fr-868
"ITALIEN Napoli/Sicilia Ferdinando II. 1830-1859. 6 Ducati 1831, Napoli. Fast FDC. (Italy, kingdom of Naples and Sicily, Ferdinand II, 1830-59, six ducati of 1831, Naples mint. Choice uncirculated.)"This type was issued 1831-35 for Ferdinand II. These gold coins were issued intermittently until 1856 and all are scarce. The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was annexed to Italy in 1860 but remains poor, backward and corrupt.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 7.57 g, .996 fine gold, .242 troy oz AGW, this specimen 7,56 g.
Catalog reference: Fr-868, Pag. 168, Schl. 402, KM 310 (formerly C155).
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Fabrizi, Davide, Monete Italiane Regionale: Napoli, Pavia: Edizioni Numismatica Varesi, 2010.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.* Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, Banknotes & Books: Auction 9, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2012.