Naples 1806 120 grana Dav-165
Revision as of 13:25, 26 August 2019 by Meontko (Text replacement - "* Gigante, Fabio, ''Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed.'' Varese, Italy, 2015." to "* Fabrizi, Davide, ''Monete Italiane Regionale: Napoli,'' Pavia: Edizioni Numismatica Varesi, 2010. * Gigante, Fabio, ''Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed.'' Varese, Italy, 2015.")
"ITALIEN Napoli/Sicilia Giuseppe Napoleone, 1806-1808. 120 Grana 1806, Neapel. Gutes sehr schön. (Italy, kingdom of Naples, Joseph Napoleon, 1806-08, 120 grana of 1806, Naples mint. Good very fine.)"This type is listed for 1806-08. The French invaded Naples and evicted Ferdinand IV, who fled to Sicily. Napoleon installed his brother Joseph as king, where he happily remained until forced by his brother to go to Spain, where he was very unpopular. As Ferdinand was protected by Admiral Nelson and the British navy, the French were unable to take Sicily.
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce.
Specification: 27.50 g, .833 fine silver, 38 mm diameter; this specimen is 27,51 g.
Catalog reference: Gig-1, CNI XX, p. 614, Nr.1, Dav-165, KM C100.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Fabrizi, Davide, Monete Italiane Regionale: Napoli, Pavia: Edizioni Numismatica Varesi, 2010.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, Banknotes & Books: Auction 6, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2012.